To receive radiation dosimeters at Emory, personnel must complete the following items:
Step 1. From the Dosimetry Forms link below, select the correct form:
- For all university and healthcare employees who need new dosimeter(s), complete the Dosimeter Activation Request;
- For all university and healthcare employees who need to transfer your dosimeter to a new location, complete the Transfer Dosimetry Request; and
- To discontinue dosimetry for someone who no longer requires it, complete the Dosimeter Deactivation Request.
Step 2. Receive Documented Training.
EHSO is responsible for ensuring that radiation safety training is provided to all Emory University employees who work with radiation. You must complete training prior to beginning work with radioactive materials or equipment that produces radiation. Instructions are provided to those Emory University employees who work in close proximity to radioactive materials or equipment that produces radiation. Required training is dependent on the job functions performed and falls into three categories:
- Machine-Produced Radiation
Training courses and instructions for accessing them are listed on the Training Courses & Codes page linked below. You can also contact your Radiation Safety Building Liaison linked below for further assistance.
Once you've completed the forms and received the training, a dosimeter will be issued to you. All workers issued radiation dosimeters are required to follow those rules and responsibilities stated in the Radiation Safety Manual and to cooperate with Radiation Safety in their efforts to maintain exposures ALARA.
For more information please reference: Dosimetry Forms, the Occupational Exposure and Personnel Monitoring Program, Procedure for Access to Individual Dose Report, and Emory University's Radiation Safety Manual.
Policies, Procedures, Guidelines
- Instructions to Department Radiation Dosimetry Contacts