Please click above image to view Research Use of DEA Controlled Substances: An Overview of the Compliance Basics.
The Chemical Safety program, a part of Research Safety, provides guidance and compliance assistance for hazardous chemicals used in research.
The Chemical Safety program provides the following services:
- Conducts risk assessments that prescribe facility/containment needs, laboratory work practices, and methods for exposure control,
- reviews the use of chemicals in animals,
- provides guidance on a regulatory license or permit application,
- promotes laboratory registration, and
- provides guidance on shipping of chemicals.