Confined Space Safety
Each year, hundreds of people are injured or die as a result of entering permit-required confined spaces which contain unknown hazards. Most of these deaths could have been prevented if the entrants had been trained to recognize confined space hazards and had followed a plan for entry into confined spaces. To address this issue and to be in compliance with OSHA's Permit Required Confined Space Standard, EHSO has developed the Confined Space Program and offers confined space training annually.
If you have to enter a confined space, or you are uncertain that the space you are about to enter is a confined space, contact EHSO to have a confined space assessment conducted before you enter. Examples of typical confined spaces include grain bins, silos, tanks, and sewer, steam, and utility manholes.
- Alternate Entry Procedures Atmospheric Testing Form
- Confined Space Monitor Calibration Form
- Confined Space Entry Permit
- Confined Space Permit for Heat Stress
- Non-Permit Confined Space Reclassification Form