The Environmental Compliance Program operates the chemical, radioactive and universal waste (i.e. lamps and batteries) disposal program for Emory University, Emory College, Oxford College, Emory University Hospital and the Emory Clinic (Clifton campus). Regulated waste is routinely generated as a result of clinical, research, teaching and maintenance operations and is highly regulated by several government agencies. Our office provides guidance on the proper management and disposal of these regulated wastes as well as receives unused chemicals as part of a surplus chemical redistribution program.
How to Request a Regulated Waste Collection
- Continue to follow the old system on our Regulated Waste Collection Schedule.
Chemical Waste Disposal
- Ballast Recycling Poster
- Chemical Waste Disposal in Laboratories
- Ethidium Bromide Disposal Guidelines
- Film Development Guideline
- Oil Recycling Poster
- Theater Studies Chemical Disposal Guidelines
- Theater Studies Chemical Disposal Quick Facts
- Visual Arts Chemical Disposal Guidelines
- Visual Arts Chemical Disposal Quick Facts
- Universal Waste Quick Facts
- Used Battery Poster
- Used Lamps Poster