Prior to working with radioactive materials or equipment, Emory Healthcare employees must complete radiation safety training.
Training for healthcare workers will include the following topics:
- Basic information about radiation and where it can be found at Emory Healthcare
- Radiation protection principles, including time, distance shielding, and contamination control and prevention
- Safety requirements for working with or around radiation, including PPE and radiation badges
- Applicable regulations, license conditions, information notices, bulletins, etc.
Additional training is designated for the following specific job function(s):
- Authorized Users
- Authorized Medical Physicists
- Nuclear Medicine Technologists
- Nurses caring for patients containing radioactivity
For a list of courses, visit the EHSO Training Courses & Codes page linked below and click on the "RAD Safety - Healthcare" tab.
For more information, check the Radiation Safety Manual and/or contact your Radiation Safety Building Liaison linked below for further assistance.