The Chemical Safety program, a part of Research Safety, provides guidance and compliance assistance for hazardous chemicals used in research.
The Chemical Safety program provides the following services:
- Conducts risk assessments that prescribe facility/containment needs, laboratory work practices, and methods for exposure control,
- reviews the use of chemicals in animals,
- provides guidance on a regulatory license or permit application,
- promotes laboratory registration, and
- provides guidance on shipping of chemicals.
- EHS-405, Chemical Hygiene Plan (CHP)
- GHS Pictogram Label Template - All Symbols
- GHS Pictogram Label Template - Flammable Only
- Guidelines for Chemical Waste Disposal in Laboratories
- Materials of Trade Guidelines
- P-Listed Hazardous Waste
- How to Read a Safety Data Sheet
- Particularly Hazardous Substances Educational Resource
- Research Use of DEA Controlled Substances: An Overview of the Compliance Basics